62% of the buyers of Turkish export products are satisfied
The Turkish Exports’ Assembly published the perception survey conducted by means of making face-to-face interviews with the companies using Turkish export products. The rate of satisfaction was measured as 62% in the perception survey.
The study by the TEA was conducted by the method of face-to-face interview with purchasing managers of a 2520 companies in 26 countries with the highest export figures in 6 fundamental sector groups.
Some findings from the Turkish Export Products Perception Survey are as follows:
• Among the important criteria within commercial activities, the criteria of suitable prices, Quality and Trust are prominent criteria in all countries and sectors in general. Compliance with the International Standards criteria in France and Italy and Currency Advantage criteria in Canada and England are observed to be regarded with high importance.
• Sources of information on Turkish export products are mostly industrial publications, internet publications and in-house research departments. The usage of consultancy firms as information sources is high in the U.S., the usage of the public organizations in Turkey is high for Holland and Germany and the usage of industrial trade fairs is high for China.
• The ratio of those stating that will/may prefer the Turkish export products are generally above 90% and above. It is observed that the countries with the highest ratio of people stating that they would definitely prefer the Turkish export products (as first choice) is Egypt, Azerbaijan, Italy and Turkmenistan.
• Having a strong and consistent economy and high-quality human resources are the two prominent image perception criteria regarding Turkey. Other criteria follow these criteria with minor differences.
• The ratio of those deeming the image of Turkey positive in general is around 60%. The countries with the highest ratio are Germany, Italy, Spain, France, India and Turkmenistan, while the countries with the lowest ratio are Canada and England.
• The percentage of those who say they visit Turkey for various reasons is generally 64%. It is observed that Italy and France are the countries with the highest ratio in that regard, while the countries with the lowest ratio are the U.S, Canada and South Africa.